Important Athletics Dates:
*ANY PAPERWORK THAT IS SUBMITTED LATE TO THE MAIN OFFICE WILL NOT BE PROCESSED FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS.
Intramurals (Sports TBD)
Important Athletics Announcements
FIRST SEASON SPORTS START MONDAY!! ALL SPORTS PRACTICES WILL RUN FROM 3:00-4:30.
Practice takes place everyday after school except Wednesday and will end between 4:30 and 4:45 depending on the program. *See specific sports information below.
Please pick your athlete up on time. Parents need to arrange a ride home for their child after practice. There will be a bus to away games which all athletes are required to ride. They may be picked up from the away games by their parent only, unless prior arrangements have been made with the coach, in writing. Coaches are required to supervise all athletes until they have been picked up from the school.
Match/Meet schedules will be provided in the parent information packet in the first week of practice.
A student will be eligible to participate in a sport when meeting the following requirements:
- Has no outstanding fines or fees.
- Purchases an ASB card ($25, once a school year).
- The LWSD Sports Participation Fee is paid.
- Fee is $75 per sport ( https://payments.lwsd.org/ ) OR in the pay in the main office.
- There is a maximum cap of $150 per student and $225 per family
- All of the required forms should be completed on Final Forms ( https://lakewashington-wa.finalforms.com/ ).
Students will not be able to participate or attend practice until they
- Sports Physical Form (Physically turned into to the main office)
- Emergency Contact Form (Electronically submitted on Final Forms)
- Sports Payment Fee ( https://payments.lwsd.org/ ) OR in the main office
- Purchase of ASB Card ( https://payments.lwsd.org/ ) OR in the main office
Athletic Scholarships- EMS offers a limited number of sport scholarships (covering all or a portion of the sport fee) to students who are on our district’s Free and Reduced Lunch Program, or those families experiencing a hardship. The Principal will review and evaluate all requests to try to best support all our students’ needs.
Refund Policy: 100% refund will be provided under the following conditions:
• Student quits due to illness or injury prior to first contest
• Student quits due to family moving prior to first contest
• Refunds must be requested prior to the end of the sports season.
- Home School and Choice School Students Information for students who attend a Choice School or are Home Schooled and want to participate in Sports at Evergreen.
- Intramurals Sports are determined each year and will be announced to parents and students prior to start.
First Season Sports:
Boys' Basketball (6,7,8)
Boys' and Girls' Cross Country (XC)
Parents need to arrange a ride home for their child after practice. There will be a bus to away games which all athletes are required to ride. They may be picked up from the away games by their parent only unless prior arrangements have been made with the coach. Please pick your athlete up on time. Coaches are required to supervise all athletes until they have been picked up from the school.
Boys' Tennis - head coach: Zac Dowling
Please come dressed and ready to play on the first day. Meet at the courts.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR TENNIS:
· Water bottle
· Shorts or sweatpants (no jeans)- must be something you can move in
· T-shirt, tennis polo or sweatshirt
· Tennis shoes (no skater shoes)
· Tennis racquet (we do have some that you can use if needed)
Boys' and Girls' Cross Country (XC)
Head Coaches: Todd Gibson and Terri Gonzalez
-Practices are right after school. Please come dressed and ready to participate on the first day. We will have a brief meeting in the commons and then we will head outside.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR CROSS COUNTRY:
Dress for the weather! We go outside pretty much regardless of weather.
*Running shoes (NOT basketball, skater, or soccer shoes)
*Shirts with "wicking" material: drylete, polypro (not cotton)
*Running Shorts, Tights, or Sweatpants (not cotton)
*Reusable Water Bottle
*Recommended: a watch with a "chronograph"/stopwatch OR smartphone
app with a protective sleeve/carrier.
Basketball - Boys' (6th, 7th & 8th)
Please bring a water bottle and basketball shoes /gear to the first day of practice. Practice will be in the gym right after school.
Second Season Sports include:
Girls' Badminton and Boys' Soccer
Girls' Badminton - head coach:
Practice will be right after school in the gym. Please bring a water bottle and athletic wear.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR BADMINTON:
· Gym shorts, shorts, or sweatpants for practice (wear something you can move in)
· T-shirt or sweatshirt for practice (we’ll provide you with a game jersey)
· Some type of gym or tennis shoes (with laces)
We’ll supply the other equipment you’ll need, like a badminton racket and birdies.
Boys' Soccer - head coach: Kathleen Nilsen(Knilsen@lwsd.org)
Athletes should meet on the field right after school. Please bring a water bottle and dress for the weather.
3rd Season Sports include:
Girls' Basketball (6,7,8)
Wrestling - Boys' and Girls'
Wrestling - Head Coach: Bob Kaneko
Practice will take place in the mat room right after school. Please bring a water bottle and athletic clothing.
Girls' Basketball - Head Coach: Kathleen Nilsen
Athletes need to bring athletic clothes, athletic shoes for basketball or wrestling, a water bottle, and a snack. Practice will be right after school in the gym.
4th Season Sports:
Track - Boys' and Girls'
Head Coaches: Robert Kaneko, Nicole Kesler
Tennis - Girls'
Head Coaches: Jo Ann Peterson, Zac Dowling
Volleyball - Girls' (6,7,8)
Head Coaches: Kathleen Nilsen (JV), Terri Gonzalez (V)
Evergreen (425) 936-2320
Finn Hill (425) 936-2340
Inglewood (425) 936-2360
Kamiakin (425) 936-2400
Kirkland (425) 936-2420
Redmond (425) 936-2440
Rose Hill (425) 936-2460