Counselors divide students by their last name, and follow their students for the time they are at Evergreen Middle School.
If you are interested in enrolling your student at EMS, please contact Sarah Liston, Counseling Secretary/Registrar.
Counseling at Evergreen Middle School
Counselors at Evergreen are available to support students with academic achievement, assist with post high school/career planning, and help with personal and social development. Students are able to stop by the counseling office any time to sign up to meet with their counselor.
- The student has a desire to improve their grades
- The student has questions or concerns about their class schedule
- The student needs help with a personal problem (ex. Friendship problems, conflicts, stress level)
- The student is feeling harassed or bullied
- There is a need for financial assistance for school-related items
- They have any type of question or are facing any issue
- They want to say hello and get acquainted.
Typical reasons parents may want to contact their child’s school counselor are when they:
- Need assistance with educational planning (concerns with correct academic level placement, extra interventions and support)
- Need to discuss academic concerns across multiple classes
- If only 1 or 2 classes are affected, please contact the specific teacher(s) directly
- Need financial assistance (Free/reduced lunch, school supplies and fees, sports fees, College Bound scholarships)
- Have difficulties at home that may affect student learning (Ex. death, divorce, change in living situation or finances)
- Need referrals for community resources
- For example: child/family counseling, drug/alcohol counseling, tutoring services
For additional information and resources, current EMS families can check our ‘EMS Counseling Corner’ PowerSchool page here.
Your child’s counselor is determined by your child’s last name:
A – F Sarah Parnell
G – Mel Veronica Nelson
Mem – Raj Dylan Slatton
Rak – Z Denise Ozeri
Counseling Secretary/Registrar: Sarah Liston